Thursday, February 18, 2010

**+The earth laughs in flowers+**

I recently found a wonderful book, Kelli Perkins' "Stitch Alchemy," and I am addicted to her paper process! Oh what fun I am having, making my papers and transforming them into wonderful shapes for my art pieces!! I just recently combined 2 of my favorite things, reclaimed sheet metal and the handmade papers, and came up with this wall art! I love the verse by E.E. Cummings and my little 'garden' can be enjoyed all year round!

Be on the lookout for more of my papers, I know they will be making another appearance soon!

2 comments:

The Dreaming Bear said...

Hi! I have that book too, and I LOVE it! She has such creative ideas, doesn't she? I haven't had a chance to try anything specific from the book yet, but it's on my "to do". :-)

Maria said...

Fabulous! I like how you combine all kinds of recycled stuff.
I looked in that book at the bookstore last weekend and almost bought it. However, I had to pay some bills... Very inspiring book.