Saturday, May 29, 2010

++Happy Memorial Day Weekend++

Most important, I want to thank everyone out there who has and who is now serving this wonderful country where we live! You are all in my thoughts and prayers on this Memorial Day weekend. Thank you so much for all you do!

We are planning on having a nice, relaxing day up in the mountains, away from the Valley. We will be traveling to a few small towns, Pine and Strawberry, for the 30th Annual Pine - Strawberry Arts and Crafts Festival. Just the names of these places alone, Pine and Strawberry, are enough to draw me in and away from the heat of the city! It is a quiet, peaceful area, not too far away, but far enough where you can escape the chaos of the metro area for awhile! Sounds great to me! Especially since I am still a country girl at heart and from the Midwest!

The Festival is described as including 75 craft booths, the Fire Dept. is putting on a pancake breakfast, and the Senior Center will be selling Navajo tacos - among other activities! Local quilters will be raffling off 3 quilts - keep your fingers crossed for me, please! :) This sounds like a fantastic day waiting to happen! The wonderful thing about this, too, is that we will not have to travel too far to be in this beautiful mountain setting! I just love the mountains, the open, fresh air, and GREEN! (I know, what am I doing living in Phoenix? I'll let you know if I ever figure that one out!! HEE HEE!)

I am wishing all of you and yours a peaceful weekend! May it be a safe one!

No comments: