Tuesday, May 25, 2010

**Knock, Knock, Wooden Head**

This phrase is being borrowed from a dear friend of mine here in the Valley. I know she doesn't mind if I borrow it here. Thank you, Carol!!

I have been so frustrated, sad, angry and outraged - about so many things lately. The passing of my kitty. The news about the state of current affairs. Boy, just try to listen to the news without having your blood boil lately! Have you found it to be impossible, too?? Have you ever wondered what has happened to common sense? Has it gone on vacation and decided to take up residence on another planet?? Isn't it time to wake up and stop taking our planet for granted?

I have felt like so much is spinning out of control and I wasn't sure what to do about it. As I was driving home the other day, I noticed a bunch of plastic bottles and cans along the way on the ground! Was I mad? Oh, yeah!! I started driving off in a huff, becoming more angry as I drove along, then realized... what am I doing? Go back and pick it up!! It's not going to walk to the recyling can on its own!! YUP, my own knock, knock, wooden head moment!! I realized that the phrase, 'Somebody else can do that!' applied to me! Hello, Sharon! You are that somebody else!! Oh, well, I guess this is the start of my being aware! And that might be half the battle right there!!

Yes, I am still frustrated, sad, angry, and outraged, but to help me through this, I have decided to take small steps, do what I can to help matters. Being frustrated, sad, angry and outraged only makes me want to take the steps quicker and whole heartedly. Believing that I can make a difference!! I remember John Denver telling us at the end of one of his concerts years ago - do just one thing, you don't have to do it all, but start with that one thing... OK, John... I get it! Thank you!!

To my friend Maria, I know... keep moving, keep hoping, keep praying!! I'm sending my prayers out to all of you down in the Gulf! Keeping a close eye on the days ahead when one of these solutions will work...

By the way, a HUGE thank you to all of you who stopped by and shared your kind words with me about my kitty last week. Those words meant the world to me and so do each of you...xoxo Peace be with you!

1 comment:

jinxxxygirl said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. We've lost many animals over the years and it never gets any easier. You get attached, you let them 'in'. My heart goes out to you. I think they come into your life just when you need them most and they need you.

Thank you for your comment on my post. All is going well , at least until the big day next week for the surgery.

I completely understand you about the status of this great big world around us. People shake there head at me and my recycling. Me? I just think there is so much more i could do and should do. It amazes me that people don't realize that you know they've been looking but they haven't found another big blue marble like ours out there. Doesn't that make you at least a little bit nervous?......And if it wasn't for our own DEMAND for oil the catastrophe in the Gulf would never have happened. And aren't we at least a little bit responsible by not DEMAMDING and Assurring they have emergency conttingences in place? We should DEMAND better from these companies. But its so much easier to just not care, to look the other way. Kudos to you for stopping to pick up those cans etc...! You hit the nail on the head!