Friday, June 11, 2010

++ A Little Bling ++

I took a class last weekend from Chelsea Stone (www.eyecandybychelsea.com) and wanted to share the piece I made. We all had a great time and I may just try to make some of these on my own! It was my first attempt at jewelry, soldering, well, it was really my first attempt at all of this!

We cut the pieces of copper and silver with a jeweler's saw, then the real fun began! We learned how to stamp and texture our piece. A torch was used to solder. Patina was added to bring out the depth in the stamping. And we set the stone! Nobody was hurt in this production and Chelsea's studio is still standing! We did not burn it down with the torch - even though we were all just beginning!

If you are in the vicinity of Prescott, AZ, I highly recommend taking one of Chelsea's classes. You can learn so much in just a few hours! Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Maria said...

I really like the embellishments on the metal. The contrasts between the materials makes it really stand out. Good work!

RekindleMe said...

Thank you, Maria! I love jewelry, so I decided it was about time to take a class! This was such a fun day for me!