Friday, August 27, 2010

-+**Lil' Scrappers**+-




It's 11:25 AM in the Valley and it is 77 degrees! Yes, we Arizonians are doing the 'Happy Dance' today! I have a window opened up for some fresh air (which hasn't happened since April) and we can breathe comfortably!! My girls, (kitties - Spirit and Tillie) are crowding in at the fresh air and we are once again reminded that our better seasons - along with their wonderful weather - are on the way back to us! Ahhhhh - how do you spell RELIEF!!!!!!




This 'wonderful weather day' has also put me in the mood to work endlessly in my art room! I have been putting together some fun little pieces, made from my recycled stash of treasured paper scraps, fabrics, tid bits, etc., and I am calling these pieces my 'Lil Scrappers!' What do you think? I don't like to throw things away and I realized that this was the perfect project for my treasures!! They aren't completely finished yet - but they are on their way to fruition!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I grew up in Phoenix & remember 126 degrees... actually how do you forget 126??? Funny thing is I went up to Alaska to marry my husband & encountered -40 for 6 solid weeks.. HOWever... I always say you can put more clothes on ... there's only so much you can take off! WA is nicely in the middle!

Stay Cool! ~*~

jinxxxygirl said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! So nice to hear from you. The temps are creeping back up and by mid week this next week i see 99 forecasted. Aaah well.....I think your gonna love this months project as it involves recycling!

Love your lil' scrappers! Everything you make is so cute. You have a knack for making things 'not look recycled' . If you know what i mean. :) deb

Angela said...

Love your little scrappers. Love your music. Love your blog.

RekindleMe said...

Thank you so much! Happy to hear you like the 'Lil Scrappers' and Deb, I'll be watching for that recycle project!!