Wednesday, September 1, 2010

_+***Planet Sark***+_

Hello, All! I hope you have been happy and busy in your studios - or atleast enjoying one of your favorite activities lately!

I just added a picture on my blog - one of me! I had never noticed, but other than my foot, along with my hubby's last week, I don't have a picture of myself on here! Hmmm- is that good or bad???? :)

Well, since Sark, aka Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy, is one of my favorite writers, I decided to add this picture to my blog! The picture was taken recently at a book signing that she did here in the Valley - maybe you know her books? Juicy Pens, Thirsty Paper, Eat Mangoes Naked, Succulent Wild Woman... to name a few! She was traveling to her appearances with the big purple crayon, which someone had given to her for inspiration! This was truly an evening of fun, craziness and encouragement and I met some of the most wonderful 'succulent' women! We even had the chance to help one of the younger women in the crowd paint her car that night! She was a student here in the city and she was involved with teaching art to children. She had a beat up VW which made the perfect canvas for our splashes of paint and silliness!

If you ever get the chance to see Sark, I highly recommend it! It will be an evening of enjoyment for all! And you might just laugh a little!

3 comments:

A Creative Dream... said...

I'm sooooo jealous! I've been such a fan of Sark forever! I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience, she has to be great to be around, her books are just amazing!

RekindleMe said...

She is a lot of fun, one of the most upbeat people I have ever met!

Maria said...

I have never met Sark, but I love her books, so colorful and full of life!