Tuesday, October 5, 2010

***Hurray for October***


Happy October to all (a few days late)!! The harvest season is here and the weather today in the Valley is just perfect for fall - it is raining and we have grey skies! I just LOVE these days! It makes me want to run to the kitchen, pull out the treat making ingredients, and turn on that oven which has been sitting untouched since last spring (when it is 100+ degrees outside, believe me, the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven inside!!) ! Does anyone have a good recipe to share?? I know my friend, A Creative Dreamer, www.acreativedreamer.blogspot.com, has been busy in her kitchen making wonderful goodies! If you take a peek at her blog, I warn you, you might just gain weight looking at the pictures!
I have been busy getting ready for craft/art fairs, since, as you know, Christmas is around the corner! But before we get to this holiday, I wanted to share a poem which was written for my favorite time of the year - HapPY OctOBeR!!!!!
October's Party by George Cooper
October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came.
The Chestnuts, Oaks and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
The Chestnuts came in yellow,
The Oaks in crimson dressed.
The lovely Misses Maple
in scarlet looked their best.
All balanced to their partners,
and gaily fluttered by;
The sight was like a rainbow
New fallen from the sky.

5 comments:

A Creative Dream... said...

Oh, aren't you just too sweet to mention me! I so understand, and have obviously been feeling that same desire to make goodies... I'm going to be making more too, there is just something about this time of the year that just makes you want to nest and nurture, isn't there? I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!

RekindleMe said...

I just love to bake, June, but then I send it to work with my husband so he can share with people there!! Too dangerous around the house! :)

Teresa Choplin said...

I love your blog, you have been chosen for an award on my page, please give me a moment to finish, cause I'm still picking people to receive it. I'm your newest follower.
Tchoplin2009@gmail.com
Non-Typical Mom

Maria said...

So sweet! What an upbeat post. It's clear you're loving the October "thing."
June makes the most scrumptious baked goods!

RekindleMe said...

Thank you for stopping by, Teresa and Maria!

Teresa, thank you so much for being my latest follower and for the award! I am off to your blog now!!!