Wednesday, November 24, 2010

*** Happy Gobble Day ***

"Forever on Thanksgiving Day, the heart will find the pathway home." by Wilbur D. Nesbit. I found this quote and for me, it fits perfectly! We used to have a big family gathering every year at this time. Wednesday night supper at Grandma and Grandpa's house, then Thanksgiving meal the following day at mom and dad's house. Mom and I would listen to Christmas carols as we started preparing the meal, then eventually the Macy's Day Parade would come on and we would watch this in between. Everyone had fun and after the meal and pie, we would have a Christmas gift exchange with the family members who were present. Of course, after all of this came the real fun - playing card games with mom, my aunt and uncle, brother in law, sister, hubby, myself and my Grandma!! Oh the fun we had then! Grandma would usually do something funny at some point and then we would start laughing! The card games were never a success until this happened and the tears would end up rolling down Grandma's face! I am truly blessed in so many ways!



I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! On this day I am thankful for the many, many blessings that I have in my life! I have the same wish for all of you!



Gobble, gobble!!!


2 comments:

Maria said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Sharon!! Gobble, gobble. :)

RekindleMe said...

Thank you, Maria! And a gobble, gobble to you! Hope the weather is nice over on your side!!