Sunday, January 16, 2011

~~~ No InHibItioNs! ~~~

I put that "no inhibitions may enter" sign on my art room door last year, and for some reason, those darn inhibitions don't always listen!!! They do tend to creep in from time to time!!



So, yesterday, in my quest for that 'easy, breezy' feeling in my artwork, I decided to play with muslin, recycled tissue papers, inks, chalk (thank you, Mom, for donating this to my cause!!), and baby wipes!



Step 1. Pop in my particular flavor of music and Step 2. dive in! BTW, the 'flavor' of the day was flamenco guitar! Love that beat!!



I can't wait to see what they become! But in the meantime, they will find their new home in my stash pile!!!



Happy Creation Days!!


These are baby wipes that had dried out - Great base for adding color. Add inks and use a brayer to roll color around!



These are muslin/tissue paper base, put together with a diluted water and glue mixture. Then I 'peeled' chalk onto the wet glue mixture and left it to dry! And yes, I peeled the chalk, just like you would a potato!



The chalk is the kind that you find in the 'children's art section' of the store!










The huge 'sidewalk chalk' was used, too!





4 comments:

Maria said...

Looks gorgeous so far! Love the colors. I really like the coffee cup and flower you have as a banner! That's new, right? I like to sew too on occasion.

Sharon - Rekindle Me said...

Hi, Maria and thank you! The banner is recent and I don't sew too much myself! I had a wild thought that day and went with it!!

Thank you for the compliment on the pages! You know me, you gotta have the colors! :)

Deborah said...

wow, they are beautiful.
Thanks for visiting today!
xxoo
Deborah

Sharon - Rekindle Me said...

Thank you, Deborah!! xoxo Sharon